Policy Management and Risk Assessment Analytics for Managing Sensitive Data Compliance
Sound corporate governance and compliance best practices require that companies adopt a coordinated approach to how they generate, distribute and use sensitive data in production and non-production environments. Dataguise DgSecure product line addresses this challenge with DgControl. Acting as a control center, DgControl delivers to administrators a consolidated view of where sensitive data resides in the enterprise, powerful analytics to determine a company’s exposure risk, and tools to define and enforce compliance policies across all corporate data repositories.
The control center module of DgSecure, DgControl, allows companies to centrally manage the location and identification of sensitive data, the assessment of compliance risk exposure, and the enforcement of compliance policies. Compliance managers can use DgControl to describe sensitive data types that are relevant for their business or leverage preconfigured data types targeted by regulations such as PII, HIPAA, PCI and others. With DgControl, administrators can use the repository-specific data detection capabilities of DG for DBMS, DG for Hadoop and DG for SharePoint to collect sensitive data location and identification information. They can then analyze their company’s exposure risk using DgControl’s advanced analytics, personalized data views, and drill-downs (i.e., LOB, regions, etc.). DgControl also gives security and compliance personnel the ability to define remediation policies to protect sensitive data and schedule policy enforcement transparently, leveraging the data protection capabilities of DgSecure’s repository-specific modules.
DgControl greatly simplifies assessment and management of risks associated with sensitive data exposure, reducing regulatory compliance costs and improving operational efficiency.
- Provides on-demand reporting and analysis of sensitive data distribution and protection.
- Delivers a consolidated view of all sensitive data assets, whether on premise or in the cloud
- Produces historical reports with the results of past operations and trends over time
- Evaluates risk exposure profiles
- Centralizes policy definition and enforcement
- Schedules sensitive data detection and protection tasks performed by DG for DBMS, DG for Hadoop and DG for SharePoint
- Supports enterprise-class deployments and data volumes
- Integrates with enterprise directory services and provides departmental, divisional or enterprise views according to users’ roles
- Offers an intuitive, web-based interface for quick deployment and fast time-to-value