Detection and Protection of Sensitive Data for Microsoft SharePoint
Sound corporate governance and compliance practices require that companies know when sensitive data is posted in corporate repositories and prevent its unauthorized exposure. Part of the DgSecure product line, DG for SharePoint is designed to detect and protect sensitive data included in documents, blogs, wikis, and other entities posted to Microsoft SharePoint servers.
DG for SharePoint works standalone or in conjunction with DgControl, to locate and identify sensitive data types that are either custom defined or already preconfigured, to address requirements of specific regulations such as PII, HIPAA, PCI, GLBA, and HiTech. Security experts can then use DgControl to analyze the search results, assess the company’s risk exposure and, if needed, ask DG for SharePoint to apply the most appropriate remediation policies to enforce compliance.
When needed, DG for SharePoint can enforce corporate policies on a company’s Microsoft SharePoint servers, whether on premises or in the cloud. Enforcement actions might include file quarantine, file lock-down and white listing of safe files. Additionally, security personnel can use DG for SharePoint to schedule periodic searches and policy enforcement updates to maintain compliance in existing and new Microsoft SharePoint servers, automatically.
DG for SharePoint is compatible with Microsoft SharePoint versioning capabilities and can recognize and protect updated versions of any given file in the repository.
- Searches Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe PDF, CSV and text files as well as Wikis and blogs
- Searches within zip format files
- Identifies credit card numbers, social security numbers, national personal identifiers, telephone numbers, addresses, e-mail addresses, dates, IP addresses, URLs and user-defined expressions
- Locates and searches multiple SharePoint sites, whether on premises or in the cloud.
- Automates detection and protection of sensitive data with a built-in scheduler
- Enforces corporate policies with e-mail notification, optional lock-down of files exceeding a specified threshold, and other methods
- Supports white listing of known safe files
- Reports search results in DgControl showing file names, owners, locations and type of sensitive data found