BIG DATA AND THE CLOUD
ARE TAKING ENTERPRISES BY STORM.
But how do you secure sensitive data and ensure confidential information remains confidential?
- BIG DATA IS MORE COMPLEX. Finding and protecting unstructured and sensitive data is harder.
- DATA DEMOCRACY IS RAMPING UP. Companies are expanding sensitive data access faster than they can govern where it is and who has access to it.
- DATA SILOS ARE DISINTEGRATING. As data aggregates, more people can view it and act on sensitive information.
- DATA IS BECOMING REAL-TIME. Data security needs to handle the complexity and speed of real-time analytics.
- DATA BREACHES ARE MORE SOPHISTICATED. Never before have attacks been more sophisticated, wide-ranging, and internalized.
As big data and cloud computing gain momentum, they can deliver big advantages over traditional or on-premises data warehouses: unprecedented analytics, significant cost savings, and superior performance and flexibility. Enterprises around the globe are clamoring to gather and process more and more data in their search for golden nuggets of information that will hand them a competitive advantage.
But with sensitive data comes serious responsibility.
As more data is amassed and consumed across the enterprise and in the cloud, sensitive data is tougher to keep safe. Enterprises are struggling to grasp and govern fast-moving data that resides both inside and outside their organizational walls. Traditional security tools are no longer enough to keep sensitive data safe as technologies evolve at a breakneck pace and breaches become more sophisticated, wide-ranging, and internalized.