Case Study: Carewise Health
Carewise Health runs a state-of-the-art big data platform to drive health provider payment integrity solutions. Dataguise protecting and auditing the company’s sensitive patient billing data is vital to the company’s success.
THE DATAGUISE SOLUTION:
DgSecure for Hadoop automates data encryption for patient and billing data, and sensitive data discovery to ensure complete protection.
CASE STUDY HIGHLIGHTS:
- Data discovery to ensure 100% coverage.
- Encrypts inside Carewise ID profiling system.
- Extensible IDs to discover and protect unique provider-specific data sets.
- Operates continuously in high available, distributed architecture ( <1min recovery).
- Operates in close tandem with Hortonworks security.
Carewise Health Proves, and Improves Outcomes
Carewise Medical Bill Review combines clinical expertise and analytical technology inside Hadoop to identify and reclaim excessive and inaccurate healthcare charges with a 99% success rate. Carewise needed to take the next step of sharing and making this data available to clients, partners, and government health agencies in a secure, private, HIPAA- compliant format. Carewise’s new big data cloud uses sensitive data encryption to ensure sensitive records, including names, health records, addresses, and billing amounts — can be selectively protected.
Locking Data from Unauthorized Access with Military-Grade Encryption
Carewise’s most important contribution to the data science of its customers is SACIE (Security, Assembly, Cleansing, Integrity, Enrichment and Security – SACIE). This proprietary approach takes customer data sets and ensures they are cleaned, enriched, and secure before any processing or analytics are applied to that information. Dataguise data-centric protection allows Carewise to serve and analyze sensitive patient and billing data across health plans, providers, and employers while locking data from unauthorized access with military- grade NIST 256 BIT AES encryption.
A Healthcare Revolution through PaaS (Platform as a Service)
Carewise Health provides breakthrough innovations with their first-of-its-kind healthcare Paas (Platform as a Service) delivery method. This simplifies a customer’s path to rapidly deploy and use Carewise Health products in to meeting their business and clinical objectives. Customers can efficiently provide data feeds and relevant data sets via Carewise Health’s secure data ingestion protocols. The data is then cleaned and enriched. Regardless of what modules a customer has contracted for, Carewise delivers results in a timely and confidential manner using Dataguise protection. Customer data sets only reside in Carewise Health’s secured data center based in Minneapolis, and no data is shared, transferred, or accessed without explicit compliance to regulatory and customer contractual provisions.
- Consistent output values: AES encryption creates a unique, one-way, referential output value that ensures coding accuracy as well as proper consistent bindings to diagnosis and procedure codes.
- Sophisticated and flexible encryption policies: Carewise has the toolset to meet and match both Federal (HIPAA) and 38 State Privacy laws across the US.
- Full-scale access to billing data: for fraud, cost optimization, and care improvement with cleansed data available for data sharing back to network subscribers.