UNDERSTANDING DATA SUBJECT RIGHTS
The GDPR grants data subjects the ability to exercise individual rights that organizations must properly address for valid requests. Included in these rights is the:
- Right to Access (article 15)
- Right to Erasure (article 20)
- Right to Restriction of Processing (article 18)
- Right of Data Portability (article 20)
Challenges of Processing Data Subject Requests
For many businesses, enterprise especially, managing data subject rights is challenging given complexities associated with processing requests. Commonly encountered issues include:
- Identifying all personal data collected from data subjects
- Locating everywhere data subjects’ personal data is stored
- Fulfilling requests within the period defined in the GDPR
- Processing multiple rights requests concurrently
Penalties for Violating Data Subject Rights
Failure to properly satisfy valid data subject requests can result in hefty fines for an organization. Infringement on data subject rights triggers upper-level penalties that include administrative fines up to 4% of annual global turnover or €20 Million (whichever is greater). Also, individuals may claim compensation from the business for any damages suffered due to a violation of their data subject rights.
Given the processing challenges and violation penalties, enterprise businesses that are subject to GDPR law require efficient and reliable solutions in order to safeguard their entire organization from mishandling data subject rights requests.
STREAMLINE DATA SUBJECT RIGHTS WITH DATAGUISE
The Data Subject Rights module within Dataguise’s DgSecure software integrates with back-end operations, allowing organizations to streamline processing for data subject rights.
Benefits of Dataguise Data Rights Module
- Quick Integration: Available interfaces allow quick integration with customer portals, back-end lists of Data Subjects, and enterprise repositories.
- Automation: Once integrated with back-end data, the module provides the necessary functionality for enterprise organizations to automate processing for data subject rights.
- Ease-of-Use: Running tasks in the module is simple, requiring only a few clicks from the very intuitive user interface within the DgSecure dashboard.
- Accuracy: Using DgSecure’s element-level data discovery tools, the module provides unsurpassed accuracy locating and identifying all personal data to be processed for a request.
- Peace-of-mind: With over a decade of industry-leading technology, rest assured DgSecure safeguards your organization for data subject rights compliance.
- Businesses can schedule requests for processing at intervals chosen by each organization
- Enterprises can divide requests into sub-organizational level operations, for example to allow departments within organizations to process requests at varying frequencies
- Companies can integrate with existing access control systems for restriction of data processing
- Dataguise offers a formatting option for streamlined data portability
To learn more about how DgSecure’s Data Subject Rights module is safeguarding enterprise organizations by automating data subject rights, contact us today.
Take Dataguise DgSecure for a Trial run today.
Contact us today to schedule a demo of DgSecure and find out how Dataguise can solve your GDPR & data compliance challenges!