All models of cloud—IaaS, PaaS, SaaS—invoke a shift of responsibility away from IT departments toward data and application owners.
This CISO Playbook* from Gartner offers best-practice guidance to help security and risk management professionals let go of on-premises notions of direct control and adopt a new approach of indirect control to achieve strong accountability and ownership outcomes. Topics covered include:
- Where is the handoff point delineating security responsibilities between cloud providers and customers?
- Should we encrypt everything by default, or not?
- Is multi-tenancy mandatory?
- What does "dedicated" really mean in the cloud?
- Do location and residency have any real impact on data governance?
This Gartner report is licensed by Dataguise for a limited time only. Access it now!
* Gartner, CISO Playbook: How to Retain the Right Kinds of Control in the Cloud, Steve Riley, 21 March 2017
We're sorry, but this report is no longer licensed for distribution by Dataguise.