As concern for consumer privacy grows, organizations small and large must rethink their data governance practices.
Data privacy professionals are facing changes to their data-collecting rights as a result of organizations being too liberal with their treatment of consumer data over the years. In response, businesses are redefining their data governance policies to comply with new and emerging data privacy regulations, such as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA). This Forrester report* looks at why organizations should revisit their data, as well as:
- How strong data governance can prevent privacy infractions
- Forrester’s customer marketing data classification matrix
- Recommendations for creating an organization-wide approach to customer data governance
- Emerging data types further complicating the landscape
This Forrester report is licensed by Dataguise for a limited time only. Complete the short form to access it now.
* How Dirty Is Your Data?, Forrester Research, May 14, 2018