DATAGUISE & HORTONWORKS SANDBOX
Thank you for your interest in the Dataguise and Hortonworks Sandbox. A Dataguise representative will help guide you through the installation. For reference, we have outlined the process below.
- 32-bit and 64-bit OS (Linux, Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8)
- Minimum 6GB memory available for VM, and minimum 10GB disc space
- Virtualization enabled on BIOS. VMware Player (Win) or VMware Fusion (Mac): http://www.vmware.com/products/player/ OR http://www.vmware.com/products/fusion/
- Browser: Chrome 25+, IE 9+ recommended. (Dataguise supports IE 10, however it is not supported in the Hortonworks Sandbox environment)
please note – currently the Dataguise Sandbox is combined with the Hortonworks Sandbox for a single download
Step 1: Download the Dataguise / Hortonworks Sandbox
- Download the Sandbox (3.93GB) we appreciate your patience as the file downloads
- DOWNLOAD SANDBOX
- Request the license key from a Dataguise representative
Step 2: Installation
- Once you have downloaded the combined sandbox and you have received the license key file, unzip the file ‘Hortonworks_Sandbox_2.1.zip’.
- Start the VM (*Hortonworks_Sandbox_2.1*). Click inside the VM and follow the steps on the screen to start it up.
- Apply DgSecure License & Sign In: Go to this URL via your browser: https://sandbox.hortonworks.com:10182/dgadmin/login.html
Make sure your host file from where you are connecting to the DgSecure application is updated with the IP address of the sandbox: sandbox.hortonworks.com
- Enter username: user1
- Enter password: Admin123
- Click Sign In
- Click the license link on the left
- Click the browse button on the right in the install license section and point to your downloaded license key
- Click OK
- Click the install button
DgSecure is now ready to use for 30 days
If you experience any issues with the license please email [email protected]
Go to https://sandbox.hortonworks.com:10182/DgSecure/login.html. Now you are ready to use Dataguise to define a custom policy, discover and protect sensitive data in Hadoop.
To Access Hue
- Go to http://sandbox.hortonworks.com:8000 You will use this later when creating structures
- Download the two files: payrollSeqStructure.jar and payrollSchema.avsc to your local computer.
- Create Structure for Sequence: Select File: payrollSeqStructure.jar (saved locally).
- Create Structure for Avro: Select File: payrollSchema.avsc (saved locally)