Sandbox (Dataguise & MapR)
For questions email firstname.lastname@example.org.
INTRODUCTION: Using DgSecure in the MapR Sandbox
Using DgSecure to discover and secure sensitive data is fairly straightforward. Using the combined MapR – Dataguise Sandbox and installation steps below, users can discover the following Dataguise security features and functionality:
- Defining Policy
- Data Discovery
- Data Protection (Masking & Encryption for Unstructured/Structured Data)
- Bulk Decryption
Sandbox System Requirements
- 32-bit and 64-bit OS (Linux, Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8).
- Minimum 6GB memory available for VM, and minimum 10GB disc space
- Virtualization enabled on BIOS
- Browser: Chrome 25+, IE 9+ recommended. (Dataguise supports IE 10, however it is not supported in the MapR Sandbox environment)
Step 1: Install a virtualization environment (3 Options)
- Go to one of the following sites to download one of the VM environments;
- VMware Player (Win) or VMware Fusion (Mac) (http://www.vmware.com/products/player/ OR http://www.vmware.com/products/fusion/)
- Microsoft Hyper-V (http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/server-cloud/products/windows-server-2012-r2/)
- Oracle VirtualBox 4.2+ (https://www.virtualbox.org/)
Step 2: Download the Dataguise / MapR Sandbox & License Key
- To access and download the combined Sandbox, please visit this link
- Once you submit the form request, you will be taken to the Sandbox download site. (Our support team will be automatically notified and will send the temporary license file needed to use DGsecure).
- Once you’ve downloaded, unzip the first file ‘MapRDataguiseVM7.zip’.
- Next, please start the VM (MapRDataguiseVM7.zip). Click inside the VM and follow the steps on the screen to start it up.
Step 3: Apply DgSecure License & Sign In
- Go to this URL:
- Enter username: user1
- Enter password: Admin123
- Click Sign In
- Click the license link on the left
- Click the browse button on the right in the install license section, and point to your downloaded license key and click OK, then click the install button.
DgSecure is now ready to use for 30 days
If you experience any issues with the license please email email@example.com
Step 4. Create Policies, Set up Sensitive Data Discovery Tasks, Run Masking & Encryption Jobs
Now you are ready to use Dataguise to define a custom policy, discover and protect sensitive data in Hadoop.