Applying GDPR ‘Lessons Learned’ for LGPD Compliance
While the date of Brazil’s General Data Protection Law (LGPD) remains in flux, it is still inevitable and will require preparation. Bringing an organization up to compliance with a new privacy regulation is never easy. It can be especially challenging if the regulation contains many new requirements, as is the case for organizations operating predominantly in Brazil. Since there are many similarities between the LGPD and the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), this webinar will review the lessons from the GDPR compliance efforts, and how they may apply to organizations facing the LGPD. The session will focus on the activities that will take place after the compliance date has passed as the organization adjust to new practices, governance, and compliance tools.
- LGPD Compliance – top GDPR Lessons Learned
- Breach notification requirements under LGPD
- Creating a task force, automation, and operationalization considerations
- Individual rights – the need for Right to Access and Right to Erasure
- If GDPR is the basis for your global privacy program, what needs to change for LGPD
Sagi Leizerov, CIPP/US
Senior Vice President, Enterprise Privacy Solutions, Dataguise
Partner & Co-founder, Aleada Consulting
Director, Privacy Officer, Carnival Corporation & plc.