Effective data discovery for maturing privacy compliance
In the last twenty years, companies have amassed large volumes of data while struggling to apply rigor in tracking their origin, identifying their compliance requirements and maintaining the quality. The tendency to keep data for long periods of time (if not indefinitely) exacerbates the current challenge. As companies are attempting to discover the data elements and identities they must address for compliance – meet regulatory requirements such as CCPA and GDPR, migrate data to the cloud or enable effective analytics – the consequences of immature data governance practices are alarming.
Join Paul Capobianco, the principal sales engineer at Dataguise, who will walk you through the leading practices in PI/PII discovery in complex data environments, and the key considerations in developing a roadmap to success.
Topics to be covered include:
- Common data quality issues that impact discovering PI/identities behind it
- Addressing the ‘scale challenge’ in large data sets
- Finding PI data elements pertaining to data subjects from different countries/jurisdictions
- Best practices for tracking the risks associated with data of different sensitivity
- Avoiding the common pitfalls when automating data discovery